You should nominate assets of community value using the form below. The form is split into 5 sections:
- Part A – tells us how your organisation is set up and if it is an eligible voluntary or community body for the purpose of this process
- Part B – is where you can give as much information as possible on the asset you are nominating and how it provides community value
- Part C – tells us the exact location and extent of the asset you are nominating
- Part D – is a check that you have included the additional information needed with your nomination
- Part E – is where we ask you to confirm that your nomination form is ready for us to review
Nominations must include:
- a description of the asset, including its proposed boundaries clearly edged in red
- information you may have about the current occupiers' names, and the names and current – or last known – addresses of all those holding a freehold or leasehold estate in the land
- your reasons for thinking we should agree that the land is of community value
- evidence that you are eligible to make a nomination, and have the approval of your organisation to submit the nomination
- a completed asset nomination form
Community right to bid – asset nomination
Nominations should be sent to us, below.
We will have 8 weeks from receipt of an application to contact your organisation in writing and tell you whether the asset meets the definition set out in law, or whether it falls into one of the excluded categories such as residential property.