On Friday 2 September 2022, the government appointed Essex County Council to support us with the financial challenges we face. This intervention is in response to concerns about levels of financial risk and debt. Go to Government intervention into Thurrock Council.
Chief executive, directors and services
The Chief Executive is the most senior officer of the council, appointed by councillors to be the 'head of paid service'. Corporate Directors and Directors are officers who report directly to the Chief Executive. Their areas of responsibility are shown in our organisation structure chart.
The chief executive is responsible for:
- managing the council's employees, services and work
- setting important directions for the council
- making sure the decisions councillors make are carried out
Directors' Board is responsible for:
- checking performance across the council
- delivering the government's initiatives and policies
- supporting managers and staff to develop and deliver services
- working with other organisations
Directors' Board membership
|Lyn Carpenter||Chief Executive|
|Ian Wake||Corporate Director of Adults, Housing and Health|
|Sheila Murphy||Corporate Director of Children's Services|
|Sean Clark||Corporate Director of Resources and Place Delivery|
|Jackie Hinchliffe||Director of Human Resources, Organisational Development and Transformation|
|Julie Rogers||Director of Public Realm|
|Karen Wheeler||Director of Strategy, Engagement and Growth|
|Jo Broadbent||Director of Public Health|
|Janet Simon||Assistant Director of Children's Social Care and Early Help, and Chair of Leadership Group|
|Kerry Thomas||Chief Executive's Business Manager|
We publish a list of senior managers' salaries.