Contact us


You can find information about our services on this website.

Many services are available online:

If you still need to contact us after checking our information and services online, you can use the 'Comments and questions' or 'Request a service' links on the right-hand side of each service information page.

You can get help to access the internet and use our online services at local libraries, community hubs and community centres.

We include direct contact details in our pages where we offer support by telephone, email or post. We also advise on how to complain.

Our standard office working hours are from 8:45am to 5:15pm, Monday to Thursday, and from 8:45am to 4:45pm on Friday.

Building closures during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak

Our main offices are the Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL.

Following government guidance, our Civic Offices are no longer open for face-to-face public services and support.

Our main arts and culture centre is the Thameside Complex, Orsett Road, Grays, RM17 5DX.

All services in the Thameside Complex to the public.

During this time we ask all residents, wherever possible, to use the website, online forms and emails to get information and services.

It's vital that we keep phone lines free for our most vulnerable residents who would normally receive face-to-face assistance.

Support for vulnerable residents

If you need special support that you would normally get face-to-face or by phone from one of our team, you can contact us below.

Service Contact
Adult social care
01375 511 000
Children's safeguarding
01375 652 802
Housing support for homelessness and urgent help to find accommodation
01375 652 820
01375 652 950
Other urgent enquiries

We provide an emergency out-of-hours contact service.

Urgent legal proceedings

While our Civic Offices are closed, our Legal team is working remotely. During this exceptional period we are accepting service of legal proceedings by email.

Lawyers who need to contact our Legal team urgently should use the email address below. This email address cannot be used for any other council service requests.

Thurrock Council Legal Services