Freedom of information response
Request for general information
- Provide evidence that THURROCK BOROUGH COUNCIL does not have to adhere to the Bills of Exchanges Act 1882.
The burden of proof is on THURROCK BOROUGH COUNCIL to prove that payment to their private company is mandatory by men and women.
- Provide the proof that the Local Government Finance Act 1992 states that payment is obligatory or compulsory for men and women.
- Provide evidence that the Local Government Finance Act 1992 states that payment of Council Tax is mandatory.
- Under what specific law is there an obligation to pay council tax?
- Under which specific law is the payment of council tax compulsory?
- Since regulations underpin a law; under what specific law does the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 sit.
- When were these laws voted into law by Parliament?
- Confirm your Dunn & Bradstreet number.
- Confirm your VAT number.
- Confirm your registration number with Companies House.
- Under what authority can a for profit corporation with a Dunn & Bradstreet number raise a tax?
- We require actual full profit and loss accounting in respect of all of the following: - All
pension funds and ALL investments using the proceeds of Council Tax.
Enforcing tax liabilities and charges including court charges minus appeals and damages
Enforcing any and all policies of THURROCK BOROUGH COUNCIL upon the local
Enforcing evictions for non-payment of tax/arrears upon the local community.
Notice of Non-Compliance — Without Prejudice — Time Sensitive Material
- Any and all remunerations paid into the pension funds from Council tax payments to any
and all senior officers of the council.
- What "Specific" act of parliament, does your "regulatory" powers exist under?
- Provide full disclosure of the language you will be conducting commerce in; plain layman's English is the only acceptable language for mutual acceptance of contract.
- Provide evidence that you, Ian, Lyn, John, Roxanne, Mojeedat, Terry and THURROCK COUNCIL are exempt from The Data Protection Act.
- Provide evidence that the private for-profit corporation of THURROCK BOROUGH COUNCIL are exempt from The Data Protection Act.
- Provide evidence that you , Ian, Lyn, John, Roxanne, Mojeedat, Terry and THURROCK COUNCIL are exempt from The are exempt from section 40 of The Administration of Justice Act 1970.
- Provide evidence that the private for-profit corporation of THURROCK BOROUGH COUNCIL. are exempt from section 40 of The Administration of Justice Act 1970.
- How has the amount for a fair, just and reasonable voluntary contribution to actual council services rendered been calculated?
- Provide the evidence that:
- THURROCK BOROUGH COUNCIL is not trading insolvent
- THURROCK BOROUGH COUNCIL does not hold a DUNS number (ie are not a for profit company)
- THURROCK BOROUGH COUNCIL does not hold LOBO loans
- That they do not return any of their monies to central government.
Please consider your reply as perjury is a serious offence. A simple yes/no will Be sufficient.
1) Council Tax is a creature of statute, and a contract is not required, any reference to the, Bills of Exchange Act or other acts regarding contracts is irrelevant.
2-7) The legislation that covers Council Tax is freely available from the government website www.legislation.gov.uk,.
- Local Government Finance Act 1992
- Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992
- Council Tax (Demand Notices) (England) Regulations 2011
If you have concerns over the charging of your Council Tax, please seek reputable legal advice on the relevant provisions.
It is a matter of public record when legislation was voted on by Parliament.
- Dunn & Bradstreet number is: 965345151
- VAT number is: 247448146
- Thurrock Council is a local authority created by an Order made under the Local Government Act 1992 therefore it does not have a company number.
- See answer to Questions 2-7 & 10.
- We are unable to answer this question, please provide further clarification on what data you are requesting.
- See answer to Questions 2-7
- Council tax is a creature of statue and not contract.
- The Council and its officers are not exempt from the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Please see Question 15 above
- As is outlined in the reply to Question 1 Council tax is a creature of statue and not contract therefore section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 does not apply to proceedings to recover Council Tax. For completeness Thurrock Council is not a “private for-profit corporation”.
- Please see Question 17 above
- Please see Question 12 above
- The Council is not insolvent - to the extent a council cannot deliver the balanced budget, funding support is sought from central government.
- No Number
- The Council holds LOBO loans to the value of £29m.
- The Council receives various forms of funding from central government and some are returnable (for example any unused grant funding).
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your FOI request you can pursue an Internal Review by contacting us using the above email address. Your request will be considered by a senior member of the Information Management Team who will update you with the outcome of the review.
If you remain unhappy following the outcome of your Internal Review you may wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Please be advised that the ICO will not consider your case until they have confirmation that you have already been through the Internal Review stage with the council.