We encourage residents to help us look after our parks, either informally by picking up litter while you walk or by joining a 'friends group'.
Friends groups are involved in activities that support their local park, including raising funds, maintaining and designing the space, and organising events.
There are friends groups for the following parks:
- Aveley and Kenningtons Parks
- Blackshots and Hangman's Wood
- Bonnygate Park, South Ockendon – Friends of Bonnygate Park
- Corringham Town Park
- Dilkes Park, South Ockendon
- Elm Road, Grays – Friends of Elm Road Green Open Space (FERGOS)
- Gobions Park, East Tilbury – Friends of Gobions Park
- Grays Beach Riverside Park
- Grays Town Park – Friends of Grays Town Park
- Hardie Park – Friends of Hardie Park
- Tilbury Daisy Field – 633 Daisy Squad
Contact us for more information if you would like to join a friends group.
You can also volunteer to support local parks and countryside with: