Your 3 coloured household wheeled bins are for different kinds of waste. Your blue and green/grey bins are collected weekly.
|Blue bin||Collected once a week on your usual day
Recyclable waste only – no food or garden waste.
|Green/grey bin||Collected once a week on your usual day
Non-recyclable – no garden waste.
|Brown bin||Collected every 2 weeks on your usual day
Garden and food waste only – no bags of any kind.
Brown bin collections every 2 weeks
For brown bin collections, your street will either be a 'Week 1' street or a 'Week 2' street. Check the collection day for your street and whether it's 'Week 1' or 'Week 2', using the street names links below.
The table below shows the weeks when your brown bin will be collected, depending on whether you're in a 'Week 1' or 'Week 2' street.
|Week 1 – Monday to Friday||Week 2 – Monday to Friday|
|18 October to 22 October||25 October to 29 October|
|1 November to 5 November||8 November to 12 November|
|15 November to 19 November||22 November to 26 November|
|29 November to 3 December||6 December to 10 December|
Things to remember
It's important you remember:
- to leave your bins out by 5am on the day of collection
- to leave your bins at the front edge of your property, or at your agreed collection point
- to use the right bin for the different types of waste and recycling
- contaminated bins will not be emptied – check what goes in your bins
- collections may not be at the same time every week
- only waste in bins with the lid shut will be collected
- no side waste will be collected unless we have given notice – for example, sometimes when there are changes for public holidays