Local housing allowance

Paying Local Housing Allowance

Usually, your Local Housing Allowance (LHA) is paid directly to you. It is up to you to pay the rent to your landlord.

If you do not already have one, you may want to set up a bank account. This will allow you to pay your rent to your landlord by standing order or direct debit. You can get advice about opening and running a bank account from any bank or building society of your choice.

You can also get advice from a welfare organisation such as Citizens Advice and Advice Guide.

Citizens Advice South Essex – Thurrock
The Beehive Voluntary and Community Resource Centre, High Street, Grays, RM17 6XP

: 0300 330 2101

Citizens Advice South Essex – Thurrock.

If you are worried about managing your money, ask us for help. In special cases we may be able to pay your rent to your landlord. Go to our advice for vulnerable tenants.