Make a building control application

Building notice submissions

Building notice submissions can be used only for minor domestic works such as alterations and extensions. This process does not involve the approving or rejecting of plans.

A building notice submission form must be completed and sent to us at least 48 hours before the commencement of work.

If the work is for an extension, a location plan is needed showing the position of the drains and the boundary of the site. If the work is for internal alterations, then no plans are required. Depending on the work involved, however, we may ask for more information.

Fees and inspections

You should check our current building control fees and charges.

Once we have registered your application, we will confirm the application fee. You must pay this fee so we can complete the validation of your application.

You must contact us at each stage of the construction.

When the work has been completed satisfactorily and inspected, we will issue a completion certificate.

Please read our building notice submission guidance for more information.

Application forms

You can complete a building notice submission form online, via the national Planning Portal.

Planning Portal – building control applications

You can also use the forms below. Completed forms and supporting documents can be sent to us by email or printed and sent by post.