Demolishing part or all of a building should be undertaken by a competent person or contractor. It is the owner's responsibility to make sure it is carried out in a safe manner and all relevant notifications are given.
You must give us at least 6 weeks' notice of any intended demolition work that involves all or part of any building, unless it is:
- as a result of a demolition order issued by the council
- an internal part of an occupied building that will continue to be occupied
- a building less than 50 cubic metres externally measured
- a greenhouse, conservatory, shed or prefabricated garage, even if it is part of a larger building
- an agricultural building that is not contiguous to another building
Please read our demolition application guidance for more information.
You can download the forms below. Completed forms and supporting documents can be sent to us by email or printed and sent by post.
Building control demolition application