The Motability Scheme is an affordable way for disabled people to lease a new car, wheelchair-accessible vehicle, scooter or powered wheelchair.
It's available to anyone who receives one of the following allowances, with at least 12 months remaining:
- higher rate mobility part of Child Disability Payment (CDP)
- higher rate mobility part of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- higher rate mobility part of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- enhanced rate mobility part of Adult Disability Payment (ADP)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
Family members or carers can drive Motability Scheme cars on behalf of the disabled person, who will be covered with insurance for up to 3 named drivers. Servicing and breakdown assistance are included. Car adaptations are also available.
Go to Motability Scheme to find out more, or phone them on the number below.
: 0300 456 4566
Motability Foundation grants
The Motability Scheme is operated by Motability Operations Limited under contract to Motability Foundation.
The Motability Foundation may be able to provide charitable grants for disabled people to help them access the Motability Scheme and use their vehicle more easily.
All grants are means-tested to make sure funding goes to those most in need of support.
For more information or to be ask about grant funding, go to Motability Foundation: charitable grants or phone them on the number below.
: 0800 500 3186