Occasional use notices

Occasional use notice

An Occasional Use Notice (OUN) allows licensed betting operators to use a track for short periods of betting without the need for a full betting premises licence. The event must be temporary or infrequent. OUNs can only be used on 8 days or less in a calendar year. 

Applying for an Occasional Use Notice

Applications for OUNs should be directed to our licensing team.

Licensing team
Thurrock Council, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL.

: licensing@thurrock.gov.uk

When applying:

  • the application must be submitted in writing, specifying the day of the event
  • you must submit a copy to the Chief Officer of Police
  • there is no specified time period by which the application must be submitted prior to the event