A Standard Selection Questionnaire (SSQ) is a document you have to fill in at the beginning of the tendering process. The SSQ makes sure only suppliers who meet our minimum requirements are invited to a tender.
You may not need to fill in the questionnaire for every opportunity
The SSQ document
The SSQ document will give you:
- an overview of the contract, including contract length and value
- an explanation on how the questionnaire will be evaluated
- the companies we will be inviting to the next stage, which is the Invitation to Tender (ITT)
- the deadline by which you must return the questionnaire
Filling in the SSQ
To fill in the SSQ, you must answer questions about:
- your business or organisation
- previous contracts and experience
- relevant qualifications and accreditations
- financial information and accounts
- health and safety policies
- equality policies
- insurance levels
We mark all the SSQs against preset scoring to get a shortlist of suppliers to invite to tender.
We also give feedback on scores to unsuccessful candidates.