Parking permits

Visitor voucher authorisation

If you live in a controlled parking zone (CPZ) or parking permit area (PPA) but don't have a vehicle of your own, you can apply for a visitor voucher authorisation.

With a visitor voucher authorisation you can use short-stay visitor parking permits so your visitors, including trades people, can park in the zone or area.

You don't need a visitor voucher authorisation if you have a resident parking permit for your own vehicle.

You can check lists of roads within each parking zone or area.

Authorisation charges

Visitor voucher authorisations are issued for 1 year, with no charge.

Permits Cost
​Visitor voucher authorisations Free

Apply for a visitor voucher authorisation

Visitor voucher authorisations are issued and maintained online – you will not receive a printed authorisation as this is not needed.

Use our secure online My Account service to apply. First go to 'My Account – parking permits', below, then either 'Sign in' with your email address and password if you already have an account, or use the 'Register' option to create a new account if you don't have one.

My Account – parking permits

When you login, you will be shown:

  • Permits – a list of your electronic permits and their current status (older paper permits are not listed)
  • Permit Applications Available – a list of the types of parking permit for which you can apply.

For a new visitor voucher authorisation, go to the 'Permit Applications Available' table and use the 'Apply' button for the type of permit you need.

When applying for a new permit, you will be asked to upload images that show:

  • proof of residency – council tax bill, rent card, or a bank statement or utility bill from last 3 months

You can upload images direct from your own computer or smartphone.

Guidance documents