Paying for your care needs

Benefits and allowances

Benefits and allowances for residents can be paid by a number of different organisations.

You can use an independent benefits calculator to find out:

  • what benefits you could get
  • how to claim
  • how your benefits will be affected if you start work

Go to GOV.UK: benefits calculators.

To find out more about benefits you could get, go to:

Benefits advice

Citizens Advice can give you with advice that takes account of your personal situation. They can:

  • tell you about benefits rights and responsibilities
  • help you to claim benefits
  • provide debt and budgeting if you have financial difficulties

The Citizens Advice service is independent, confidential and free.