From 9:45am to 12:15pm, Monday 13 February, due to essential maintenance we will not be able to take payments online or by phone – we apologise for any inconvenience. 'My Account' services that take payments will also be unavailable. For more details, go to online payments, Monday 13 February.
Paying your council tax
You can get your council tax bill online or in the post.
Many people prefer online billing – called eBilling – because:
- it's more convenient, ready to view online at any time
- you need never worry about losing it or putting it in a safe place
- it's easier to share with organisations that ask for a proof of address
- you can print copies if you choose to, at own home or in a Thurrock library
How to get eBilling
To switch to eBilling you need to have:
- signed-up for My Account
- registered to use council tax services within My Account
If you have not yet registered for council tax services online, login to My Account, go to 'Council tax' services and select 'Register to view your account' – you can sign-up for eBilling when you register.
If you've registered for council tax services online but not signed-up for eBilling, login to My Account, go to 'Council tax' services to see your 'Account details', then select 'Update' to sign-up for eBilling.
- switch to eBilling at any time
- switch back to paper billing at any time without penalty
The amount of council tax you owe is not affected by your choice of billing.
Your online bill
When you switch to eBilling:
- the first bill you get will be your most recent bill
- we will email you to tell you when a new bill is ready
- you can get your new bill at any time by logging in to My Account
- we will not email the bill itself to you – your details stay secure within My Account
- your bill won't have a barcode – you can't pay at a PayPoint, post office or your bank
- the quickest and easiest ways to pay are by direct debit or online payment
It is very important that you update your details on My Account if you change email address – this is your responsibility.
Request a copy of your council tax bill
If you need a copy of your council tax bill, you can use the form below to ask for one.