A personal licence is designed to make sure anyone running or managing a business that sells or supplies alcohol will do so in a professional manner. Once you receive your personal licence, you can act as the designated premises supervisor for any business that sells or supplies alcohol.
Apply for a licence
In order to apply, you must be aged 18 years-old or over, and hold a licensing qualification – for example, a Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders.
To make an application you need to send the following to our licensing team:
- a completed GOV.UK application form
- a completed GOV.UK disclosure of convictions form
- 2 passport photos, one of which is endorsed – see application form
- the fee of £37
- a basic disclosure, not more than 1 month-old, of 'unspent' criminal convictions in the UK – go to GOV.UK: request a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- the original certificate of the relevant licensing qualification
- proof that you are entitled to work in the UK
If you need a replacement licence, you should contact our Licensing team by email or letter giving the reason – for example, your circumstances have changed or your original licence is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
Documentation will be sent to you within 10 working days. Completed forms should be returned together with a fee of £10.50. Cheques should be made payable to 'Thurrock Council'.