Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 238, 2023
A1013 Stanford Road, Orsett
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Stanford Road A1013 between the junctions of Heath Road and Baker Street
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time along the parking area of the bus stop located on the south side of Stanford Road from a point approximately 49m from its junction with Heath Road for a distance of approximately 44m in a southwest direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable National Highways to carry out maintenance to their network.
3) The alternative route for northeast bound vehicles will be Daneholes roundabout, Wood View, Old Dock Approach Road, Marshfoot Road, A1089 northbound, A13 eastbound, Orsett Cock Interchange, A1013 Stanford Road, and vice versa for southwest bound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 27 November 2023 at 10pm. Works are currently scheduled to take place between 27 November 2023 and 17 December 2023, Monday to Thursday nights between the hours of 10pm and 6am, and Friday nights between the hours of 11pm and 6am – exact dates will be specified on https://one.network/. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.