Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 139, 2020
A13 eastbound, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling eastbound along the A13 between the off slip at the Orsett Cock Roundabout and the off slip at the Five Bells Junction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable a further structural assessment to be undertaken to ensure the safety of the bridge following structural damage.
4) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is A128, A127 westbound, A176 Uppermayne and A176 Nethermayne.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 9pm Thursday 17 December 2020. It is anticipated that the closure will only be for the one night, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.