Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 020, 2021
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along the A13 eastbound between the A13 off slip and on slip at the Orsett Cock Roundabout
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out urgent carriageway repairs and safety barrier repairs.
4) The alternative route is via the eastbound off slip, over the Orsett Cock Roundabout and re-join via the eastbound on slip.
5) The Notice will come into force on Wednesday 20 January 2021 and works will take place between the hours of 9pm and 5am for two consecutive nights and will be valid for 21 days. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.