Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 157, 2023
Abberton Way, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Abberton Way from its junctions with Loweswater Way and West Thurrock Way
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable carriageway improvements and resurfacing to take place.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Loweswater Way, Pond Road roundabout, and West Thurrock Way, and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Vehicles wishing to exit or enter Buttermere Way will be diverted using the roads around the development.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 4 September 2023 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Monday 18 September 2023 at 6pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.