Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 063, 2023
Abbots Drive, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Abbots Drive between its junctions with Southend Road and Monks Haven
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles will be Abbots Drive eastbound, The Sorrells northbound, Gordon Road north westbound, Springhouse Road westbound and Southend Road and vice versa for south eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents. Access to Nursery Road will be via Southend Road. Access to and from Silvertown Avenue will be via Monks Haven, Cedars and Thors Oak and access for Plaistow Close, Stratford Gardens, Wills Hill and Upton Close will be maintained using Gatemen.
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 27 July 2023 at 8am and will be in force daily for two days between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Friday 28 July 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.