Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 197, 2022
Adams Road, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Adams Road between its junctions with Burgess Avenue and Billet Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable UK Power Networks to carry out an installation of a new electricity supply to a customer.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles will be North on Adams Road, east on Corringham road, Rainbow Lane, and Billet Lane and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 19 December 2022 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Tuesday 20 December 2022 at 6pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.