Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 156, 2022
Arterial Road, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Arterial Road between its junction with The Spiral roundabout off A1306 for Lakeside and Pilgrims Lane roundabout
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to replace expansion joints and carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is westbound on Arterial Road (A1306), Arterial Road roundabout, Link Road from A1306 to M25(N), Mardyke Interchange roundabout, A13 eastbound, exit for A1012 to roundabout, A1012, Treacle Mine roundabout, Arterial Road North Stifford (A1306) and vice versa for westbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 24 October 2022 at 10pm, between 24 October and 31 October, the order will be in force nightly between the hours of 10pm and 5am and between 1 November and 5 November 2022 will be in force nightly between the hours of 11pm and 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.