Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 210, 2022
Arterial Road, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- introduce a temporary speed restriction of 30mph in both directions from Arterial Road Roundabout (West Thurrock Way Roundabout for Motorway Service Area) for a distance of 1.1km in an east direction
- prohibit any vehicle from using the lay-by on the A1306 between Arterial Road Roundabout and The Spiral Roundabout
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable UKPN to carry out works safely and continue to provide a pedestrian walkway.
3) In this order:
(i) the lay-by on the A1306 is defined as the lay-by approximately 236m from The Spiral Roundabout on the westbound carriageway for approximately 108m distance
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 20 February 2023 at 10am will remain in force continuously until Sunday 5 March 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.