Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 182, 2022
Bedford Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles travelling along Bedford Road from its junction with Stanley Road for a distance of approximately 70m in an east direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) There is no alternative route and access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 28 November 2022 at 8am for one day until 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.