Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 221, 2023
Blackshots Lane, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Blackshots Lane between its junctions with Whitmore Avenue and Stifford Clays Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out the installation of new gas pipes.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Whitmore Avenue, Crammavill Street and Stifford Clays Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 23 October 2023 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Friday 3 November 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.