Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 161, 2022
Branksome Avenue and Morley Hill, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Branksome Avenue from its junction with Morley Hill for a distance of approximately 40m in a west direction
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Morley Hill from a point approximately 65m north of its junction with Morley Link for a distance of approximately 135m in a north direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to carry out installation of BT ducts and boxes.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles into Morley Hill is westbound on Southend Road, Third Avenue and Branksome Avenue and vice versa for eastbound vehicles on Branksome Avenue. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 2 November 2022 at 8am and will remain in force continuously until Friday 18 November 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.