Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 152, 2022
Branksome Avenue, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Branksome Avenue between its junctions with Aldria Road and Willow Hill
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for southwest bound vehicles is Morley Hill, Southend Road and Fourth Avenue and vice versa for northeast bound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Wednesday 7 September 2022 and is expected to be completed by Wednesday 14 September 2022. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.