Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 002, 2021
Bridleway 48, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit all users from travelling along Bridleway 48 (including Horndon Bridge) between A1013 Stanford Road and Horndon Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable the safe demolition of the old Horndon Bridge and associated works to enable the re-alignment of Bridleway 48.
3) There is no alternative route available.
4) The Order will come into force on Friday 29 January 2021 at 9pm until Monday 1 February 2021 at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 6 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 6 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.