Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 051, 2022
Buckingham Hill Road, East Tilbury Road, Waltons Hall Road and Northumberland Road, Linford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
i) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Buckingham Hill Road between its junctions with Stanford Road and East Tilbury Road
ii) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along East Tilbury Road between its junctions with Buckingham Hill Road and Muckingford Road
iii) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Waltons Hall Road between its junctions with Butts Lane and Buckingham Hill Road
iv) prohibit any vehicle from exiting Northumberland Road onto Buckingham Hill
v) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Butts Lane between its junctions with Mucking Wharf Road/Waltons Hall Road and St Andrews Way
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative routes are as follows:
i) for northbound vehicles – Muckingford Road, Linford Road, Brentwood Road, Orsett Cock Roundabout and Stanford Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles
ii) there is no alternative route for East Tilbury Road, however access will be maintained to all residents via the use of gatemen – this includes Essex Gardens, Dorset Gardens, Hampshire Gardens, Devonshire Gardens and Lower Crescent
iii) for southbound vehicles – Butts Lane and London Road and then following main diversion as above for northbound vehicles, using the main diversion from Muckingford road
iv) to exit Northumberland Road diversion is via Somerset Road and Lower Crescent and then follow the main diversion
v) access to and from Mucking Wharf Road will be via gatemen
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 24 May at 7pm. The closure will be in force nightly between the hours of 7pm and 5am until Thursday 26 May at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.