Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 240, 2023
Celandine Close Footpath, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit anyone from travelling along the footpath along Celandine Close between numbers 37 and 45
3) The purpose of the Notice is for Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route will be to use the footpath opposite between numbers 35 and 33. Access will be maintained for residents.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately at 12:45pm on Wednesday 18 October 2023 and will be valid for 21 days. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.