Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 042, 2022
Chadwell Hill, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Chadwell Hill from its junctions with River View and St Chads Road Roundabout
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is A126 Marshfoot Road, A1089 Dock Approach Road, A13 Eastbound, exit slip road for Chadwell St Mary, Orsett Cock roundabout, Brentwood Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 29 May 2022 at 8am until Sunday 12 June 2022 at 5pm, however the works will only take place on Sundays between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Sunday 12 June 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.