Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 183, 2022
Chadwell Road, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Chadwell Road between its junctions with Wood View and River View
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northwest bound vehicles is B149 Chadwell Bypass southeast bound, Marshfoot Road westbound, Old Dock Approach Road northbound, Wood View northwest bound, Daneholes Roundabout, Wood View southeast bound. The alternative route for southeast bound vehicles is Link Road to Old Dock Approach Road, Wood View northwest bound, Daneholes Roundabout, Wood View southeast bound, Old Dock Approach Road southbound, Marshfoot Road eastbound, B149 Chadwell Bypass northwest bound. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 29 November 2022 at 8pm and will be in force for one night until 5am on Wednesday 30 November 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.