Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 009, 2020
Cherry Walk, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Cherry Walk from a point 40m south of its junction with Cedar Road for a distance of approximately 60m in a southerly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable UK Power Networks to carry out installation of a new electrical connection.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles will be Heath Road and Cedar Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 1 February 2021 at 8am and remain in force continuously until Friday 5 February 2021 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.