Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 077, 2022
Church Lane and Station Road, East Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the Station Road from a point 10m either side of the Level Crossing (Low Street Level Crossing)
- temporarily revoke the 7.5tn weight limit on Station Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Network Rail to carry out maintenance to the level crossing.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Church Road, Coopers Shaw Road, Fort Road, new infrastructure Road, St Andrews Road, Ferry Road A1089, Marshfoot Road, Chadwell Hill, Linford Road, Muckingford Road, Princess Margaret Road and Station Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 15 May 2022 at 1am until Monday 16 May 2022 at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.