Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 013, 2021
Church Road, West Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Church Road from its junction with Low Street for a distance of approximately 100m in an easterly direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Station Road, Princess Margaret Road, Muckingford Road, Linford Road, Chadwell Hill, Marshfoot Road, A1089 southbound, St Andrews Road, Ferry Road, Fort Road, Coopers Shaw Road, Church Road.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately, 12 January 2021 and will be valid for 21 days, however it is anticipated that the works will be completed by 5pm, 12 January 2021. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.