Order number: 020, 2022
Clarence Road and Derby Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Clarence Road northbound into Derby Road
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Derby Road from its junction with Clarence Road for a distance of approximately 30m in a northerly direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable tree cutting to take place.
4) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is southbound over Derby Road Bridge, Sherfield Road, Argent Street Roundabout, Sherfield Road, Derby Road Bridge, Derby Road. Access will be maintained for businesses.
5) The Notice will come into force on Wednesday 19 January 2022 at 9:30am and will be valid for 5 days, although the works are expected to be completed within one day by 3pm. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.