Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 046, 2022
Claudian Way, St Mary's Road, Longhouse Road and Waterson Road, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
i) prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Claudian Way from its junction with Brentwood Road for a distance of approx. 400m in an easterly direction
ii) prohibit any vehicle from entering and exiting St Mary's Road at its junction with Claudian Way
iii) prohibit any vehicle from entering and exiting Longhouse Road at its junction with Claudian Way
iv) prohibit any vehicle from entering and exiting Waterson Road at its junction with Claudian Way
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for the above closures is as follows:
i) Claudian Way Diversion – eastbound on Brentwood Road, Longhouse Road, Halton Road, Ingleby Road and Claudian Way and vice versa for westbound vehicles
ii) St Mary's Road Diversion – St Peters Road, Vigerons Way, Waterson Road and Linford Road
iii) Longhouse Road Diversion – northbound on Longhouse Road and Brentwood Road
iv) Waterson Road Diversion – southbound on Waterson Road, Linford Road and Brentwood Road
Access to other roads within the closure points will be maintained by use of Gatemen.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 25 July 2022 at 8am. The closure will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Friday 30 July 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.