Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 013, 2023
Clockhouse Lane Footbridge, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any users from travelling along Clockhouse Lane Footbridge
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable National Highways to carry out Parapet Repairs on the Footbridge.
3) There is no alternative route therefore pedestrians will be requested to wait and then be escorted through by Marshalls.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 13 February 2023 at 12:01am and will be remain in force continuously until Saturday 4 March 2023 at 12:01am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.