Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 006, 2022
Clockhouse Lane, North Stifford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Clockhouse Lane for its entire length
- prohibit any vehicle from parking on the eastern and western kerb line of Clockhouse Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) There is no alternative route. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Friday 21 January 2022 until Sunday 23 January 2022. The works will be carried out and the prohibitions will be in place during the following times:
- Friday 21 January between the hours of 9:30am and 3:30pm
- Saturday 22 January between the hours of 8am and 5pm
- Sunday 23 January between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.