Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 158, 2022
College Avenue, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along College Avenue between its junction with Bradleigh Avenue and Southend Road/Whitehall Lane
- prohibit parking during the times of the Order on the northern and southern kerb line of College Avenue between its junctions with Bradleigh Avenue and Southend Road
- prohibit any vehicle from exiting Langthorne Crescent onto College Avenue
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Cresthill Avenue from a point 20m south of its junction with College Avenue up to its junction with College Avenue
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles will be A1013 Whitehall Lane, Palmers Avenue, Bradleigh Avenue, and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. The alternative route for Langthorne Crescent and Cresthill Avenue will be via Bradleigh Avenue. Access will be maintained for residents and access to College Close will be via the use of Gatemen.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 24 October 2022 at 8am and will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Thursday 27 October 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.