Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 204, 2022
Cornwell Crescent, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Cornwell Crescent between its junctions with Nursery Road and Mountfield Close
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for vehicles travelling northeast is to go southeast on Nursery Road, east on Abbots Drive and then into Cornwell Crescent and vice versa for vehicles travelling southwest. Access to Mountfield Close will be via Cornwell Crescent/Abbots Drive junction.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Tuesday 15 November 2022 at 1pm and will be valid for 21 days, although the works are expected to be completed by Monday 21 November 2022. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.