Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 020, 2023
Courtney Road, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Courtney Road between numbers 24 and 84
- prohibit any vehicle from parking during the times of the order along the kerb lines on either side of Courtney Road between number 24 and 84
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway reconstruction.
3) There is no alternative route and access will be maintained for residents. Entrance and Exit to The Access Road behind Semper Road will be via the western junction onto Courtney Road and the Entrance and Exit for Access Road behind Wickham Road will be via the western junction onto Wickham Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 27 February 2023 at 8am and will be in force daily for two days between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Tuesday 28 February 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.