Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 116, 2022
Cresthill Avenue, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Cresthill Avenue between its junctions with Bradleigh Avenue and College Avenue
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for northeast bound vehicles is Bradleigh Avenue and College Avenue and vice versa for southwest bound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses via College Avenue junction.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Monday 11 July 2022 and will be valid for 21 days, although the works are expected to be completed by Tuesday 19 July 2022. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.