Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 019, 2023
Crofton Road, Grays
1. The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Crofton Road from its junction with Buxton Road for a distance of approximately 45m in a south direction
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time along the west and east kerb lines of Crofton Road from its junction with Buxton Road for a distance of approximately 32m in a south direction
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway, kerbing, and footway reconstruction.
3. The alternative route for southbound vehicles is westbound on Buxton Road, southbound on King Edward Drive, and eastbound on Grangewood Avenue and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4. The Order will come into force on Monday 20 February 2023 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Thursday 23 February 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5. It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6. If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.