Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 101, 2023
Cruick Avenue, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time in Cruick Avenue along the edge of the green between numbers 24 and 46
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to create a new parking area. Vehicle access will be restricted between no.24 and no.46 during working hours. Access will be maintained to the disabled drivers where possible.
3) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 9 May 2023 at 8am and will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Friday 9 June 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
5) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.