Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 105, 2022
Derry Avenue, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from parking in Derry Avenue in accordance with Schedule 1 to this Order
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to replace lamp columns.
3) The Order will come into force on Monday 25 July 2022 at 8am. The prohibitions will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm and will be carried out in stages over three days with only one lamp column being replaced at a time. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
5) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
|Derry Avenue lamp column 3||Along the eastern kerb line of Derry Avenue, from a point approximately 71m north of its junction with Darenth Lane for a distance of 7m in a northerly direction.|
|Derry Avenue lamp columns 4 and 5||Along the eastern kerb line of Derry Avenue, from a point approximately 96m north of its junction with Darenth Lane for a distance of 7m in a northerly direction.|
|Derry Avenue lamp column 7||Along the eastern kerb line of Derry Avenue from a point approximately 45m south its junction with Deveron Gardens for a distance of 7m in a southerly direction.|
|Derry Avenue lamp column 11||Along the eastern kerb line of Derry Avenue, from a point approximately 16m south of the junction with Easington Way for a distance of 7m in a southerly direction.|