Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 005, 2023
Dock Road, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Dock Road between its junctions with Calcutta Road and Malta Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable UK Power Networks to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for northwest bound vehicles will be Montreal Road and Calcutta Road and vice versa for southeast bound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Friday 6 January 2023 at 9am. The notice will be valid for 21 days but is expected to be completed by Thursday 12 January 2023. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.