Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 009, 2022
Dock Road, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Dock Road, from its junction with Asda Roundabout for a distance of approximately 430m in a southerly direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent repair works to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for southbound vehicles will be Asda Roundabout, A1089, Marshfoot Road, St Chads Road, Montreal Road and Dock Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for businesses.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Monday 10 January 2022 and will be valid for 21 days, however the works are expected to be completed by Friday 14 January 2022. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.