Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 130, 2022
Dunnings Lane, West Horndon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Dunnings Lane from a point 412m south of its junction with St Marys Lane for a distance of approximately 50m in a south direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to carry out laying duct in the carriageway.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is St Marys Lane westbound, B186 Clay Tye Road, Ockendon Road and Fen Lane and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 19 September 2022 and will be in force daily for two days between the hours of 8am and 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.